- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- RRV Athlete of the Week
- Lamar County grand jury indicts 16 in February
- Paris youth minister suspected of child sexual assault found dead
- Permits, customer draw challenge food truck owners in Paris
- L. Don Hager
- Nancy Ann Oates
- Martha Ann Huddleston Walker
- Bobbie Jean Lawler
- Delta County hosts candidate forum for sheriff’s race
- Katherine Ann Fangio
Click here to sign up!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!
Receive the most recent obituaries every afternoon. Sign up here!
Some American schools are ditching the letter grade system — that is A through F — in favor of a system where students are either "exceeding, meeting, developing or emerging," according to a recent iHeartRadio-Houston report. Proponents say traditional report cards are ineffective in communicating with parents about where their children are in learning. Opponents say the new system wouldn't tell parents where students need to improve. Should schools ditch the letter grade system?