Good morning, Red River Valley!

Watch for areas of patchy frost this morning as overnight lows dipped to around 33 and wind chill making it feel just a tad colder. Patches of fog might also be hanging around, but it won't be for long as a low pressure system allows warm winds from the south to work with sunny skies to bring our high to about 62.

Tonight will be clear and not as cool as Friday night as the low is expected to dip only to about 43. 

Sunday will be even warmer, again thanks to sunny skies and warm southern winds, with a high near 68. Clouds should start to roll back in Sunday night, though, leaving us with a 30% chance for rain after midnight. That will lead into a potentially wet Veterans Day, currently forecast with a 70% chance of rain and a high that reaches only to the lower 50s before falling back into the 40s, thanks to a particularly nippy cold front. 

So enjoy the warm weekend, thank a veteran and have a great Saturday!

Veterans Day Forecast.jpg

An arctic cold front will arrive Monday (Veterans Day) bringing much colder and breezy conditions along with a chance for light rain. High temperatures Monday will likely occur in the morning with falling temperatures in the afternoon. The rain will end Monday evening before temperatures fall below freezing. Overnight lows will range from around 20 degrees near the Red River to 32 degrees across the southeast counties.

Klark Byrd is the managing editor of The Paris News. He can be reached at 903-785-6960 or klark.byrd@theparisnews.com.

Managing Editor

Klark Byrd is the managing editor of The Paris News and the editor of Paris Life Magazine. He resides in Paris with his wife, Krystle, and their three children, Charlie, Annalise and Willow.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.