On March 27, T.G. Givens Early Childhood Center staff showed their students how much they were missed by forming a quarantine fake parent pick-up line.
The Givens staff lined up at an appropriate social distance around the pick up lane from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Parents were able to pick their child’s lunch/breakfast up and then drive around to the front where the staff were eagerly awaiting their arrival.
The students and staff were so excited to see each other. There were lots of smiles from staff , students and parents and even some tears from all.
- Paris ISD adds four stops for “grab and go” food
- Paris ISD borrows News, Shopper racks for students, to start distance learning
- Learning Outside the Box: Lamar County teachers reach out through social media to students
- Lipstraw one of three finalists for ATPE’s Educator of the Year
- Paris ISD has three locations for free internet provided by Peoples Telephone Co.
Latest Coronavirus News
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Locals protest George Floyd death, racial inequality
- Paris councilman resigns in response to social media post controversy
- Estate liquidation results in renovation of iconic round house
- Paris attorney sues Warner Bros. for movie credit
- Turner plant manager expresses gratitude to PEDC on eve of layoff
- Paris Mayor asks for Benny Plata resignation
- Paris square changes end First Friday Cruise Nights
- Rivercrest graduates, remembers their missing classmate
- Teddy Mack Igo
- Health officials report continued slow virus spread
Click here to sign up!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!
In the wake of a school year interrupted by Covid-19, a document issued by the Texas Education Agency makes an argument for nearly year-round schooling, with an earlier start, longer breaks, a later end and a short summer. Any changes would require school board approval. Would you support a year-round school schedule?