A Federal Reserve survey in late May found that 40% of American adults wouldn't be able to cover a $400 emergency. A large portion, 27%, said they would need to borrow money or sell something to come up with the $400; 12% said they couldn't cover it all. The study also found 17% of adults are not able to fully pay off all their current months bills. Could you afford an unexpected expense of $400?
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Forecast for Monday, Aug. 19: Heat advisory to start the work week
- ‘Fur’-ever Homes: Lamar County Humane Association hosts annual Clear the Shelter Day
- Lamar County Commissioners set new elected official pay
- Behind closed doors: Here’s how often your local governments conducted public business in closed session
- #Clearthelist trending for Lamar County teachers
- Reporting animal cruelty: Know who to call
- Paris High, Chisum both sweep at home
- Forecast for Sunday, Aug. 18: Heat advisory hot under mostly sunny skies
- Paris police investigating dog’s death in suspected starvation
- Conditions ripe for prime Texas dove hunting
- Paris suspends city manager
- Ward’s Restaurant catches fire today on Clarksville Street
- Police: Clarksville Street resident beaten, stabbed in home invasion
- Police ID suspect in brutal assault of Paris senior citizen
- Red River County to be home for large slaughterhouse, fish farm
- Paris council suspends city manager; Godwin seeks public hearing
- Paris home invasion suspect Roberts charged with sexual assault
- Choctaw Casino & Resort seeking 30 new employees
Click here to sign up!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!
Receive the most recent obituaries every afternoon. Sign up here!
It's never been easier getting your food delivered or groceries prepared. Among local services are DoorDash for food delivery, Instacart for grocery delivery, and Walmart's and Kroger's grocery pickup services. The services are meant to free up time otherwise spent waiting in lines or shopping in crowded areas. Do you use online shopper services?