- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Trash pick-up day is today
- First Federal Community Bank hosts free Shred Day
- Detroit FFA member takes first at state, now a national qualifier
- Advocates say lawmakers largely exempted themselves from Texas' public records law, prompting calls for a veto
- Forecast for Saturday, June 15: Feeling hot, hot, hot
- Waste Connections may soon own Paris-based Sanitation Solutions
- Census estimates little to no growth: Paris’ population falls as Reno’s, Blossom’s rises
- Pothole sends Cushman driver to hospital with severe injuries
- Funding secured for new Clarksville hospital; construction expected to begin in 4 to 6 weeks
- Coach Johnny Crawford
- Jamie Nicole Boyles Sager
- Paris film group meets to set framework
- Death Notices
- Lamar County Appraisal District asks to buy Peoples Bank building downtown
- FDIC closes failed Enloe State Bank in Cooper
- 2 of 3 boards shoot down Lamar County Appraisal District's request to buy Peoples National Bank in Paris Plaza
- Bonnie Johnson Flynn
- Christopher Dewayne Morgan
Click here to sign up!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!
Receive the most recent obituaries every afternoon. Sign up here!
The Lamar County Appraisal District is seeking approval from its 11 served entities to purchase the Peoples National Bank building in downtown Paris for $625,000, citing the need for more staff and a facility more conducive to taxpayer privacy. Opponents say parking there will pose a problem, and there are concerns the historic building will be a "money pit." Should Lamar County Appraisal District buy the building?