As featured on
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- A Texas sales tax increase would hit poor people the hardest
- Blue Ribbon Ringers: Buyers may have broken records at Thursday stock show sale
- Bunnies to hop to Paris Saturday for Easter events
- Paramedic tuition bill gains ground with Texas lawmakers
- Paris Junior College to showcase 12 new plays at Pyro Fest
- North Lamar ISD senior Jones named acting award nominee
- North Lamar ISD to celebrate naming of buildings and complexes
- Registration open for 2nd Live United 5K Run/Walk for United Way of Lamar County
- RRV Athlete of the Week
- Brandon Lee Betenbough
- Paris Fire Department needs your vote: Firefighters have shot at CBS special
- Drunk driving suspected in crash near Campbell's Soup on Loop 286
- Paris coach reunited with class ring: Social media connections help tie Chisum ring to track coach Jones
- Red River County sheriff fires back at drug raid critics
- Area storms may toss out hail the size of baseballs
- Musgrove drops album: Paris resident debuts ‘True Story’ from home studio
- Police: Cocaine, meth among drugs found at Paris man’s home
- Catherine Elaine Hughes Forooshani
Click here to sign up!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!
Gov. Greg Abbott is calling for the state's first sales tax increase in nearly 30 years, pushing it to 7.25%. That will tie Texas with California for the highest U.S. sales tax. Abbott hopes the new sales tax will help the Legislature deliver on promises of greater public education funding and reduced property taxes. Do you support the increase?