As featured on
The Lamar County Appraisal District is seeking approval from its 11 served entities to purch…
In order for the Lamar County Appraisal District to purchase space its chief appraiser said it needs to do its work, it must ask its 11 taxing entities for the funds. How much would each pay, if a three-fourths majority of them approve, varies based on the size of the community?
The Prairiland ISD Board of Trustees have sided with Paris City Council and Chisum ISD in voting against a request from the Lamar County Appraisal District to purchase the Peoples National Bank building in downtown Paris.
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Foundation fundraiser: Delta Waterfowl Lamar chapter sets sights on raising $70K
- Leslie Watson comes home to North Lamar: New assistant superintendent ready for the school year
- Young Life hits target with clay shoot
- Antlers, OK, gymnast joins high-ranking national program
- Lady Pats claim 3rd in NH Tourney; Chisum takes home consolation title
- Dylan's Drivers' Rides for a Reason is Sept. 7
- Forecast for Monday, Aug. 19: Heat advisory to start the work week
- POLICE BRIEFS: Paris officer arrest man on drug, weapon charges
- Paris police investigating dog’s death in suspected starvation
- Conditions ripe for prime Texas dove hunting
- Paris suspends city manager
- Police: Clarksville Street resident beaten, stabbed in home invasion
- Police ID suspect in brutal assault of Paris senior citizen
- Red River County to be home for large slaughterhouse, fish farm
- John Wayne Ladell
- Choctaw Casino & Resort seeking 30 new employees
- Paris home invasion suspect Roberts charged with sexual assault
- Jason Tritt Atteberry
Click here to sign up!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!
Receive the most recent obituaries every afternoon. Sign up here!
This is the second year that Texas has awarded letter grades to school districts and the first year for schools, replacing a previous pass/fail system. (Schools last year received numeric scores that could easily be translated into grades.) The grades are intended to represent students’ academic performance, based on standardized test scores and other factors such as graduation rates. What grade would you give the state school rating system?