The seniors of Spring Lake Senior Living Community and memory care center were treated to a parade of friends and family members on Wednesday. More than 50 vehicles drove through the center’s circular driveway to the delight of residents who cheered them on with noisemakers and decorative wands. For many residents, it was the closest they’ve been to their loved ones since the coronavirus pandemic hit the U.S. Local and state disaster declarations have ordered residents to adhere to social distance guidelines called for by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and shortly thereafter, senior living facilities temporarily put visitations on hold. For a video collaboration of parade entries, visit Spring Lake’s Facebook page.
Klark Byrd is the managing editor of The Paris News and the editor of Paris Life Magazine. He resides in Paris with his wife, Krystle, and their three children, Charlie, Annalise and Willow.
Latest Coronavirus News
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Gage Alan Crutchfield
- Renovations underway at former movie house
- Patronas open on North Main Street
- Red River Valley Fair set to go
- Covid-19 claims 3 more lives in Lamar County
- Health District: 135 active cases of Covid-19 in Lamar County
- Trump allows some unemployment pay, defers payroll tax
- Sex offender registration compliance checks lead to Reno arrests
- Fannin County Commissioners ready to remove mask mandate—holding out one more week
- POLICE BRIEFS: Two charged after police find suspected drugs
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Click here to sign up!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!
President Donald Trump on Saturday deferred payroll taxes and replaced an expired unemployment benefit with a lower amount after negotiations with Congress on a new coronavirus rescue package collapsed. The next round of federal assistance could include resuming a supplemental pandemic federal jobless benefit, additional aid to state and local governments, another direct payment to Americans and a liability shield for businesses. Should Congress pass another coronavirus stimulus package?