Two Democratic lawmakers in Texas filed bills last week in advance of the 2021 legislative session to legalize, regulate and tax personal cannabis use. They argue a legal marijuana industry could bring in hundreds of millions of dollars in tax revenue and create tens of thousands of jobs. If the bill passes, Texas would join 15 other states in legalizing marijuana. Would you support such a bill?
Latest Coronavirus News
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Unidentified human remains found in Lamar County
- RRV Athlete of the Week
- First jury trial in 8 months results in 33-year sentence for drug charges
- PRMC top official warns of rapid virus increase, says work taking emotional toll on staff
- POLICE BRIEFS: Man attempts to strangle woman
- POLICE BRIEFS: Man arrested on child sexual assault warrant
- Covid-19 cases spiking in Lamar County, health district can't keep up
- Paris to host reverse parade for Christmas
- My Peoples Beauty Supply fills need, serves community
- Charin Clayton
Click here to sign up!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!
Fuel price tracker GasBuddy estimates that on-the-road holiday travel will be down substantially from previous years, even as Americans enjoy the lowest gasoline prices in at least four years. Do you have plans to drive somewhere for the Thanksgiving holiday?