Daniel Bey speaks to fellow protestors Wednesday evening in downtown Paris. In the second such protest in Paris, about 100 people attended to decry police brutality and inequality.
As featured on
On Wednesday night, Paris residents gathered peacefully in the downtown plaza to protest the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man whose killing at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer sparked nationwide outrage.
Latest Coronavirus News
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- POLICE BRIEFS: Police charge Paris woman with murder
- Red River County man charged with wife's murder
- Paris Police Department releases statement on Saturday altercation that sparked Sunday's protest
- Clarksville’s Coulter retires after 41 years of coaching
- Michael Lana Freeman
- Health district reports death; 24 new confirmed cases
- Five more virus cases reported for Lamar County
- Health district reports 15 new Covid-19 cases today
- Texas wants $32 million in unemployment benefits back after finding 46,000 people were overpaid
- Lamar County Covid-19 report climbs to 410 with 13 new cases today
Click here to sign up!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!
Texas school administrators had been waiting for word from the Texas Education Agency on whether public schools will reopen in the fall with or without restrictions as result of the spreading coronavirus. A draft plan last month showed the TEA was planning to reopen schools without restrictions at all. A new plan calls for masks for students older than 10. Do you believe it would be safe or unsafe to do so?