- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Forecast for Thursday, Aug. 22: Sunny all day with low rain chances this evening
- Five PJC nursing students receive Paris Masonic Lodge No. 27 scholarships
- Stitch Tourism: Quilt art brings color splash to Clarksville businesses
- Bell: Paris Fire proposal ‘too expensive’
- Paris Economic Development Corporation looks at act renewal giving public more input on tax abatements
- Detroit ISD seniors take on teaching
- Tuesday car crash claims Paris man’s life
- Honey Grove ISD passes 2019-2020 budget
- Conditions ripe for prime Texas dove hunting
- Paris police investigating dog’s death in suspected starvation
- John Wayne Ladell
- Choctaw Casino & Resort seeking 30 new employees
- Jason Tritt Atteberry
- Paris home invasion suspect Roberts charged with sexual assault
- Dr. Toby Don Crumpler
- Police ID suspect in brutal assault of Paris senior citizen
- John William ‘Bill’ Page
- COMMENTARY: Rural Lamar County family without water access needs some help
Click here to sign up!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!
Receive the most recent obituaries every afternoon. Sign up here!
This is the second year that Texas has awarded letter grades to school districts and the first year for schools, replacing a previous pass/fail system. (Schools last year received numeric scores that could easily be translated into grades.) The grades are intended to represent students’ academic performance, based on standardized test scores and other factors such as graduation rates. What grade would you give the state school rating system?